Bin Laden killed by American Navy-SEAL. They entered into the Pakistani borders without even informing Pakistan, performed their task and went back. It was clear violation of international laws. Even Interpol has no authority to arrest any red-cornered criminal without informing the local authorities. But it is another issue.
Days within this episode, our army chief has announced publicly that Indian army was capable enough for doing such operation. Great. Many of us are also of the opinion that Indian intelligence agencies/army should carry out similar operation for some most wanted criminals ‘residing’ in Pakistan. Yes, we have all the rights to make such demands. But is it possible?
A big “NO”.
1. Any such action will result in retaliation from Pakistan. We are not anyway near the military or economical strength of America. So is Pakistan. But Pakistan has nothing to loose. And in last decade when our rulers, and also military higher-ups, have not strengthened our forces with advanced arms, Pakistan has done it successfully. Whatever done in missile technology is far behind the technology acquired by Pakistan from Chine and N.Korea. They have acquired latest war air-craft from America. Well, despite all these, we can take it as granted that our military is capable enough to defeat the Pakistan military in any war, unless Pakistan get direct support from China or America.
2. But are we as general public, ready for any war? Whatever we say, we are not ready for any such discomfort. War always results in some sacrifice. American public has also paid for the war they have fought in Afaghanistan and Iraq. Remember that those wars were fought on the land of enemy countries. Despite that the richest economy of the world had slipped into the worst ever economic crisis of the recent times. Here we have to be ready for a war on our land and to pay a greater price. Because of various reasons, our patriotism has vanished. We do not want to give up anything for our country.
3. We are self centered. Instead of thinking for betterment of all, we mostly want a good and comfortable life for ourselves, even at the cost of rightful necessity of the others. No one, even opposition, has said a single word in public against the government when the twin towers of WTC blew-off by the terrorists. Look at the situation here around. Any small thing happens, the first target is ruling party. Recall the scenes made by relatives of the hostages of the high-jacked Indian Airlines plane. Their only and only demand was to get their relatives back safely at any cost. Of course, perhaps anyone, including myself, would have wanted the same. Again, they were not at fault, because they knew even if they sacrifice, there is no guarantee that the rotten government would give the criminals appropriate punishment. Afazal Guru and Kasab are the examples. But making public scenes have given one more reason to our spineless government to act softly and release the terrorists.
4. We have no political will for taking such stern action. Remember that government is nothing but some of “us” only. We have elected these selfish, unscrupulous persons and empowered them to take decisions on behalf of us. Do not expect any strong decision from them. Even before got elected, many of them were criminals and most were corrupt. And we gave them power to perpetuate their ‘virtue’ on a big way. Now expecting anything good from them is our fault.
5. Basically we are selfish and coward lot. History of Hindustan has witnessed that we have been invaded frequently. The enemies have always found easily their ‘friends’ within the country to help them for patty rewards. Britishers have never brought in their soldiers from England. They have ruled us with the help of our own people. Even today we place our personal need before the need of the country. There is no air of patriotism. We just hoist flags on 15th August and 26th January and then forget what the “nation” is. We can not force our rulers to take any bold steps like America and assure them that the country will support them whatever the result will be.
So, enjoy the IPL and Saas-Bahu serials.
But it is possible that we may not be an independent country in future. And this is reality and not any stupid reality-show on the idiot-box.